Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy New Year




A New Year means new resolutions! One resolution I have made is to leave all negativity behind. During a daily devotion with my Community Bible Study material, I was able to see an analogy between this concept and a family outing. There is a creek behind our house that has been pretty much dry all winter, but as the rains came, it has slowly begun to fill back up. As I watched it while my husband and 3 year old were "hunting dinosaurs" in the woods, I realized that I should be thankful for all the good things in life. At the same time, it is important to let all the negativity (weird family situations, bad days, worries, etc) flow away like water in a creek after a heavy rainfall-never to be seen again- hopefully to evaporate and disappear, leaving me with flowers on a river bank that root themselves deeply in the soil. ~ Lord, plant in me new beginnings and help me to let go of the old, stale mess of life that I dwell on.

Thank you for new, healthy, fabulous beginnings!!

No comments: